Tuesday 8 September 2009

Clotted Cream Ice Cream - especially for Helen!!

I've been attempting Twitter these past few days to try and chat and meet like minded foodies, who love to discuss and share recipes, and it's becoming quite addictive...

I find myself logging on while I'm bored at work, eagerly awaiting new Tweets from other food bloggers, hoping that they have posted links to wonderful and delicious new recipes that I can try. So far, I've come across some great people who always have brilliant links, and are just as enthusiastic over food as I am...and to think they're all there at the click of a mouse!!

Anyway, the point is, I have promised to post a recipe for Helen, who writes Food Stories, and has a wonderful blog. She has an ice cream maker waiting to be used (lucky thing, mine is at my Dad's house, wasted in a cupboard!!), and asked for ideas for ice cream flavours.

Well, here is my absolute favourite. I was taught it when I worked in the pastry section at one of Michael Caines' restaurants, and it truly is the most beautiful ice cream I've ever tasted.

Clotted cream ice cream is the height of indulgence It's silky texture and creamy taste transport you to days of summer instantly, perfection with summer berries, or for a more warming dish in the autumn it marries wonderfully with warm apple tart, when it melts slightly and creates a mess of creamy appley vanilla-ey heaven!!

Clotted Cream Ice Cream

190g milk
100g sugar
3 whole eggs
6 egg yolks
200g clotted cream

Whisk the eggs, egg yolks and sugar in a bowl.
Bring the milk to the boil, then pour over the eggs while whisking.
Place the clotted cream in a blender.
Pour the mixture back in to the pan and place back on the heat.
Cook the miture out well - it will scramble, but don't worry!!
Pour the mixture into the blender over the clotted cream quickly, and blend while still hot until smooth.
Pass and churn.

And there you have my idea of the perfect ice cream!!

5 comments:

  1. Twitter definitely is quite addictive! I had to Google clotted cream. I would like to try it one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh you should it's sooo delicious!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So going to have to try this - been searching for a highly recommended clotted cream ice cream recipe all day and just as I give up I stumble across your blog! Bliss ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a rich and fantastic ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys - I hope you enjoy it!! x

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love to hear your comments so chat away!!