Monday 22 November 2010

Rocket, Moon and Astronaut Space Themed Cake





This weekend was hectic in the best possible way, lots of family and fun!! It was Mr.Colehill's nephew's fourth birthday party, and I (somewhat bravely) offered to make the cake for the occasion, and here is the finished article!! I'm quite pleased with it since it's only my second go at cake decorating - the first being the baby cake for the birthday boy's new baby brother a few months ago.


I definitely want to take a course at some point to learn the tricks of the trade and improve on the basics and foundations of cake decorating, but for a new hobby and a fairly ambitious idea I'm happy with it. If anyone knows of any good courses that run I'd appreciate some tips!!
Both the moon and the rocket are entirely cake - a vanilla sponge with chocolate buttercream, and the astronaut is modeled out of sugarpaste. hope you like it!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! this is a cute cake. My grandson would love it. I hope you don't mind me borrowing the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am speechless- My son is turning 4 in Feb and he is having a space theme party. The thing that is incredible is his name is Oscar also- spooky.. Love your cake.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love to hear your comments so chat away!!